Many IT professionals believe that cloud computing represents a fundamental shift in the delivery of information technology services that has permanently changed the computing landscape. It is often mind boggling to navigate the cloud computing landscape with a myriad of technologies and services like:
- Elastic scaling
- Utility computing
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Private, Public, and Hybrid clouds
- On-demand computing resources
It is observed that cloud adopters who have embraced one or more applications like Google Gmail/Calendar or Salesforce.com are more likely and optimistic about the technology and much more aggressive in their near-term and long-term plans than the overall market. Surveys indicate that many IT skeptics have become advocates since cloud computing impacts the business, not just the IT costs. Adoption of cloud computing technologies provided companies the ability to be more nimble about their businesses. An overwhelming number of survey respondents somewhat or strongly agreed that cloud technologies:
- Enabled companies to respond faster to the business needs
- Helped companies to achieve a specific business objectives are significantly quicker and easier to deploy
- Changed the way companies ran their business
- Helped companies to significantly lower their IT spending
- Changed the role of IT and IT staff within their business
Given the impact cloud technologies have on the business and the number of technologies, services, and platforms, it is imperative that a comprehensive cloud strategy that takes into account specific roadmaps to promote cloud adoption without sacrificing quality-of-service and service level agreements and reduce or eliminate up-front capital and operational expenses are needed.
At CloudSolvIt we provide strategic services to help our customers learn and implement cloud technologies to maximize revenue and realize substantial cost-savings.